Looking To Buy or Sell Gold Eagles?
We Have The Best Rates & Offers In Sacramento
More Details Below
Buy And Sell Gold Eagles
A&D Coin is your one-stop-shop for buying and selling American Gold Eagle bullion coins in Sacramento CA. We make strong offers when we buy and have great rates when we sell. And, we have five-star reputation of being the honest, fair & friendly.
If you’re looking to buy or sell Gold Eagles, give us a call at 916-487-5852 or come buy our shop and lets talk.
At A&D Coin, we buy and sell a verity of gold coins so we have to maintain a deep understanding of the gold market and current market conditions. Which allows us to help you understand the value as well as the current market price of American Gold Eagles and the options available to you.
American Gold Eagle Coin Highlights
As one of the most widely traded and recognized gold coins in the world, the American Gold Eagle stands out for its iconic design and reliable value. This gold coin is also the first bullion coin of the United States and has since started minting the 24 karat Gold Buffalo. Here are some highlights that make Gold Eagle coins a staple for both investors and collectors alike:
- Composition is 91.67% gold, 3% silver, and 5.33% copper. Weighing heavier than an ounce at 34 grams, still contains 1 troy ounce (31.1 grams) of pure gold.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. government for weight, gold content, and purity. This backing builds trust in the coin’s value.
- Legal tender coin with a face value of US$50. This gives the Gold Eagle a nominal value backed by the government.
- Its iconic design resembles that of the pre-1933 Double Eagle gold coin, the Saint Gaudens $20 gold piece. Featuring a walking Liberty figure on the obverse and bald eagle on the reverse.
- Available in various sizes including 1/10 oz , 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 oz. This range caters to both small and large investors.
- IRA approved making the Gold Eagle ideal for precious metal IRAs.
- When Gold Eagle coins are sold, they do not require a Form 1099-B filing. Meaning, that there is no limit on how much gold you can purchase and no 1099-B is required on large amounts.
With a blend of strong investment value and classic beauty, when you buy American Eagle gold coins, they encapsulate everything collectors love about US minted gold coins.
Gold Eagle Sepecs
|Date Range||1986 – Present|
|Mints Produced||W (West Point) & Philadelphia (no mint mark)|
|Mint/Manufacturer||United States Mint|
|Face Value||$5, $10, $25 & $50|
|Issuing Country||United States|
|Metal Weight||1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz & 1 oz|
|Types Minted||UNC (Uncirculated), Proof, Burnished|
How it Works Buying And Selling Gold Eagles
Selling American Gold Eagles
At A&D Coin, we do our due diligence when buying precious metals, we will test and weigh Gold Eagles to assure authenticity and precise gold content. Then, we provide you with a fair market offer based on the type, style, grade and condition of the bullion coin.
We have earned a five-star rating for being honest, fair and friendly as reputable gold buyers in Sacramento. We will pay you cash (or check) on the spot for any and all One Ounce Gold Eagles you may have.
- Accurate appraisals: Our team provides an accurate assessment of your Gold Eagle, ensuring you receive a fair market valuation.
- Immediate payment: We offer prompt payment in cash (or check) when you sell American Gold Eagle coins to us.
- Simple selling process: Our handle all of the details, from authentication to payment, making the selling experience hassle-free for you.
- Competitive offers: We make better than fair offers for gold eagles that’s better than those of most other dealers, guaranteeing you the best value for your investment.
Buying American Gold Eagles
For those looking to buy Gold Eagles, A&D Coin carries a wide range of to choose from. From the tenth ounce gold Eagle to the One ounce, our team of coin experts is committed to making your purchase of Gold Eagles as smooth, fun and confidential as possible.
- Competitive pricing – Our real-time quotes deliver low premiums over fluctuating melt values. As an authorized dealer, we’re able to keep our buy prices for all Gold Eagles highly competitive.
- Secure in-person transactions – By dealing locally at our Sacramento-based shop, we make buying Eagles more convenient and safer than online purchases. You can inspect the coins in-person before buying.
- Expert guidance – Our coin professionals will help you identify the right coin to fit your budget and investing style. We’re happy to educate new buyers and help you find you coin to start your precious metals portfolio.
Are You Looking to Buy or Sell? We’d Love to Hear From You!
Gold Eagle Bullion Types and Sizes
One of the American Gold Eagle’s advantages is its availability in various types and sizes to suit different investment strategies. A&D Coin buys and sells them all.
Here are the main options:
Standard 1 oz Gold Eagle
The 1 oz American Gold Eagle coin is the standard unit investors turn to for building their precious metals portfolio. With a full troy ounce of pure gold, it carries intrinsic value to balance financial risk. And because it is the most popular gold bullion, the large 1 ounce American Gold Eagle makes it easier to sell when the time is right.
Fractional Gold Eagles
For investors with smaller budgets, the U.S. Mint produces fractional Gold Eagle coins in 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz sizes. However, they may have less gold in them, but fractional gold coins tend to cost more per ounce than a full 1 ounce gold coin.
Proof American Gold Eagle
Proof coins are specially produced using polished dies for stunning detail and brilliant mirror-like finishes. All American Gold Eagle proofs come enclosed in protective casing with the coin’s specifications and a certificate of authenticity. Their scarcity and pristine quality make these gold coins a prizes for all collectors.
Reverse Proof Gold Eagles
Reverse proofs showcase a unique clockwise mirrored finish contrasting the frosted design elements against deeply mirrored fields. These special edition coins are struck multiple times using precision manufacturing. Reverse proofs are only released periodically in limited quantities as parts of special anniversary sets, driving strong demand from collectors.
Burnished Gold Eagles
Burnished Gold Eagles are a type of Gold Eagle coin that have a special finish called “burnished.” This process involves using a special burnishing wheel to give the coin a smooth and polished appearance. Burnished Eagles are minted at the West Point Mint and have a limited production compared to the regular bullion versions of the coin.
The obverse features the iconic “Walking Liberty” design by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, which resembles the gold Double Eagle coin featuring Lady Liberty walking with a torch and an olive branch. The reverse design showcases a family of eagles, with a male eagle flying above a nest containing a female eagle and hatchlings.
Gold Eagle Anniversary Sets
The U.S. Mint issues exclusive anniversary coin sets to mark milestone years since the Eagle’s introduction. These contain specially finished proof and reverse proof coins and are strictly limited in quantities under 20,000 units. Anniversary sets with original government packaging and certificates are valuable collector’s items.
Key Date Gold Eagles
Certain Gold Eagle dates have extra significance due to unique editions, special privy marks, or very limited mintages. These scarcer key date Gold Eagles are distinguished from common issues and carry strong collector premiums. Notable key dates include the 1995 Proof, 2011-W, 1986, 2006-W 20th Anniversary, and 2021-W 35th Anniversary.
American Gold Eagle Sets
Complete sets of the gold bullion coin contain one example of the 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz Gold Eagle coins all from the same year. Most have been broken up over time. Remaining intact complete Gold Eagle sets in pristine condition are highly desirable to collectors and carry enormous premiums over melt value.
Graded or Certified Gold Eagles
Having your Gold Eagle coin professionally graded and certified always adds value for collectors and investors. Grading verifies the condition and authenticity of your coins, while certification from NGC, PCGS or other grading companies confirms their quality in a hard plastic case.
Here what others are saying about A&D Coin
Give us a call and lets see what we can do 916-487-5852
Take a look below for the types of gold we buy and sell.
Buy 1 Oz Gold American Eagle Coins for Investment
If you are looking to invest in gold, the 1 oz American Gold Eagle Bullion Coin is a great option. American Eagle gold coins are one of the most sought-after coins in the world, known for its beautiful design with Lady Liberty and high-quality gold.
This one ounce eagle gold coin is made by the United States Mint, is a dollar unit of US Currency and contains a full ounce of pure gold, making it a valuable and reliable investment.
Whether you are a seasoned investor or just starting out, buying the Gold Eagle bullion coin for investment purposes can be a smart move. These coins have a long history of maintaining their value and can provide a hedge against inflation and economic uncertainty. So, if you are considering investing in gold, consider the Gold Eagle as a solid and trustworthy option.
FAQs About Gold Eagle Coins
What is the bullion coin act of 1985?
The Gold Bullion Coin Act of 1985 was enacted to instruct the Secretary of the Treasury to mint and release gold coins in various denominations, including $50, $25, $10, and $5. The act also required that these specific gold coins be produced in quantities that would meet the demand of the general public.
What is the most valuable American Gold Eagle coin?
The most valuable American Gold Eagle is widely considered to be the rare 1995 Proof American Gold Eagle Set. Out of an original mintage of only 30,125 sets, many have been broken up the set and sold them individually over the years. As one of the lowest minted series ever produced, intact sets in good condition can fetch over $7,000 at auction.
What is the Price of a Gold Eagle Coin?
The price of a Gold Eagle Coin can very greatly based on several factors, including its weight, type and, if it’s graded or not. Not to mention, these bullion coins come in different sizes and denominations such as: 1 ounce ($50 face value), ½ ounce ($25 face value), ¼ ounce ($10 face value), and 1/10th ounce ($5 face value).
What years of American Gold Eagle coins worth the most?
There are a few key dates American Gold Eagle coins that are worth considerably more than common issues:
- 1986 – As the inaugural year of issue, the 1986 Gold Eagle is a significant modern rarity. Fewer were struck as interest was initially modest.
- 1994 – The 1994 Proof Gold Eagle had an extremely limited mintage under 4,000. It trades at a high premium.
- 1995 – As the lowest minted proof set ever, 1995 Gold Eagles in pristine condition fetch steep prices.
- 2011 – As the only year with a ‘W’ mark from the West Point Mint, 2011 Gold Eagles carry a slight premium.
How much is a $50 American Gold Eagle coin worth?
While American Gold Eagles have a $50 face value, the value of the coin is far more based on the value of gold. The minimum melt value of a one ounce gold American Eagle is around $1,900 to $1,925 depending on the spot price of gold. Uncirculated examples can sell for $100 to $150 above the melt value, while certified MS/PF-70 coins may sell for over $2,200 even with fluctuations in gold prices.
Should I buy graded or raw American Gold Eagle coins?
Graded coins have a higher purchase price but verifies the authenticity and condition. If you’re investing in bullion for investment sake, the raw uncirculated coins still carry strong value still making it a sound investment because of its popularity, ease of liquidity, and is highly recognized demanding higher market value.
The American Gold Eagle is the most popular bullion coin in the world and is a highly desirable gold coin that continues to captivate collectors and investors. With nearly 40 years of experience in buying and selling these valuable gold coins, A&D Coin is trusted gold dealer in Sacramento, and here to assist you.
We offer competitive gold prices, expert guidance, and friendly service, making us your go-to dealer for Gold Eagles. Whether you’re looking to sell, or wanting to buy Gold Eagle coins, MS70 Gold Eagles or, Gold Eagle Coin Sets, we are here to help.